The purpose of these audits (prior to Purchase Order award), is to verify that vendors and their sub-vendors appear to be capable of fulfilling the requirements of the purchase order.
- Preparation – assess requirements of PO, create audit plan
- Assess vendors planning procedures, capabilities control procedures, QA system
- Establish that sub-vendors etc. have been assessed under vendors QA procedures
- Carry out thorough review of vendors expediting and corrective action procedures
- Establish availability of sufficient Plant/Manpower Operational capacity to satisfy PO requirements
- Determine what quality control checks are undertaken and by whom
- Review a typical “Final Documentation Package”
Expediting to Monitor and report on:
- Conformance to relevant standards, codes, specifications
- Identify/resolve bottlenecks at all levels
- Verify and confirm all information relevant to the project
- Evaluate progress to date and assist the vendor/subvendors to meet required delivery dates
- Engineering/Drawing status- Materials and Accessory status-Production/Fabrication status
- Shipping status
- Providing qualified and experienced QA/QC engineers, consultants and auditors for short term ad hoc work or complete project durations.