Demand for digitally distanced surveys and inspections has escalated following the introduction of stringent global travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and unprecedented impacts on the oil price.
The provision of verification and certification services for topsides and subsea equipment is critical for essential components like risers, umbilicals, cables, lifting equipment, and workover systems, and in turn IVB’s clients have turned to us to look at alternatives to the usual verification methods.
Key benefits of Remote inspection.
- Major Offshore savings due to reduced offshore time.
- No Flight required, environmental benefit. IVB Remote inspections help you to reduce your organisational carbon footprint by reducing the need for travel in relation to your verification scheme or program.
- No effect to POB (Persons on Board).
- Flexibility – No waiting times.
- Reduced risks to the Verifiers and offshore personnel.
- Onshore access to experts.
IVB are actively carrying out remote surveys for our clients. Our remote inspections comply with relevant accreditation bodies requirements, giving you the confidence and peace of mind in our ability to provide YOU expert support and guidance.
- Live streaming via smartphone.
- Live reporting during survey.
- Competent persons both onshore and offshore.
- IVB can be brought in to discuss findings during verification activities.
- No geograhical boundaries, IVB’s remote inspection service means that our inspections can easily be available to you, whatever the circumstance, at a time to suit you. IVB put our expertise where it is needed wherever you are around the globe.
- Planning prior to witnessing and identifying documentation for verification activity.
Contact us to discuss your verification scheme and see how IVB can help.